Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime's spy drama "Homeland."
Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime’s spy drama “Homeland.”
Plame said Wednesday the Emmy Award-winning TV series is a compelling drama and that star Claire Danes is “fabulous” as a CIA operations officer.
But Plame told a TV critics’ meeting it’s not credible that the character’s bipolar disorder would go unnoticed. She says the depiction of cellphone use inside CIA headquarters is another gaffe, since the phones are not secure and can be traced.
Plame left the CIA after her covert identity was compromised by information leaked to a newspaper columnist in 2003. She is among those featured in the PBS documentary series “Makers: Women Who Make America,” airing later this year.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more