Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime's spy drama "Homeland."
Former CIA operative Valerie Plame has a mixed opinion of Showtime’s spy drama “Homeland.”
Plame said Wednesday the Emmy Award-winning TV series is a compelling drama and that star Claire Danes is “fabulous” as a CIA operations officer.
But Plame told a TV critics’ meeting it’s not credible that the character’s bipolar disorder would go unnoticed. She says the depiction of cellphone use inside CIA headquarters is another gaffe, since the phones are not secure and can be traced.
Plame left the CIA after her covert identity was compromised by information leaked to a newspaper columnist in 2003. She is among those featured in the PBS documentary series “Makers: Women Who Make America,” airing later this year.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel