The soundtrack for the vampire-romance "Twilight" is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film. More than two weeks before "Twilight"...
LOS ANGELES — The soundtrack for the vampire-romance “Twilight” is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film.
More than two weeks before “Twilight” hits theaters, the movie’s soundtrack topped the album charts, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Released by Atlantic Records, the “Twilight” soundtrack sold 165,000 copies last week, becoming the third soundtrack of the year to go to No. 1.
The other soundtracks to top the Billboard chart this year have been “Juno” and “Mamma Mia!”
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
With new songs from Paramore, Linkin Park and star Robert Pattinson, the “Twilight” soundtrack ended a two-week reign by rock legends AC/DC, as the band’s “Black Ice” sold 160,000 copies to fall to No. 2. Third place went to the “High School Musical 3″ soundtrack, with 110,000 units moved.
Expect interest in the “Twilight” soundtrack to only build once the drama, which also features Kristen Stewart and Cam Gigandet, opens Nov. 21.