The soundtrack for the vampire-romance "Twilight" is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film. More than two weeks before "Twilight"...
LOS ANGELES — The soundtrack for the vampire-romance “Twilight” is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film.
More than two weeks before “Twilight” hits theaters, the movie’s soundtrack topped the album charts, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Released by Atlantic Records, the “Twilight” soundtrack sold 165,000 copies last week, becoming the third soundtrack of the year to go to No. 1.
The other soundtracks to top the Billboard chart this year have been “Juno” and “Mamma Mia!”
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
With new songs from Paramore, Linkin Park and star Robert Pattinson, the “Twilight” soundtrack ended a two-week reign by rock legends AC/DC, as the band’s “Black Ice” sold 160,000 copies to fall to No. 2. Third place went to the “High School Musical 3″ soundtrack, with 110,000 units moved.
Expect interest in the “Twilight” soundtrack to only build once the drama, which also features Kristen Stewart and Cam Gigandet, opens Nov. 21.