The soundtrack for the vampire-romance "Twilight" is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film. More than two weeks before "Twilight"...
LOS ANGELES — The soundtrack for the vampire-romance “Twilight” is capitalizing on the growing excitement for the film.
More than two weeks before “Twilight” hits theaters, the movie’s soundtrack topped the album charts, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Released by Atlantic Records, the “Twilight” soundtrack sold 165,000 copies last week, becoming the third soundtrack of the year to go to No. 1.
The other soundtracks to top the Billboard chart this year have been “Juno” and “Mamma Mia!”
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
Most Read Stories
With new songs from Paramore, Linkin Park and star Robert Pattinson, the “Twilight” soundtrack ended a two-week reign by rock legends AC/DC, as the band’s “Black Ice” sold 160,000 copies to fall to No. 2. Third place went to the “High School Musical 3″ soundtrack, with 110,000 units moved.
Expect interest in the “Twilight” soundtrack to only build once the drama, which also features Kristen Stewart and Cam Gigandet, opens Nov. 21.