CNN.com previews Season 9 of "American Idol" with an article that suggests that the departure of judge Paula Abdul and possible departure of Simon Cowell next season are indications that the show is in crisis mode. I'm not sure I agree.
CNN.com previews Season 9 of “American Idol” with an article that suggests that the departure of judge Paula Abdul and possible departure of Simon Cowell next season are indications that the show is in crisis mode. I’m not sure I agree. (Hey, I’m quoted near the end!)
“American Idol” is a phenomenon akin to a boxer who may get sucker-punched once in a while, but still always ends up with the world championship title. Yes it’s easy to mock, and yes it does seem just plain silly for lots of people, but still there it is, at the top of the weekly ratings chart.
The traffic on this blog and the e-mails I get from all over the world tell me the show is doing just fine, thank you very much.
• I know this is old news to a lot of folks, but here goes: Season 7 finalist Jason Castro, 22, got married this past weekend to longtime sweetie Mandy Mayhall. Among the attendees: David Archuleta.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Thursday notes: Seahawks escape suspension binge, NFL.com ranks Carroll, and more
Most Read Stories
• Warning: Adult content ahead! Have you heard about Neil Lambert‘s blog? He’s the brother of Season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert. Let’s just say, his site is colorful.
• USA Today’s Idol Chatter blog does a great job of tracking Idols’ record sales — or lack thereof. Who has the top-selling single right now? Season 8 champion Kris Allen, with “Live Like We’re Dying.”