Tom Hardy will play Elton John in a biopic titled "Rocketman."
Tom Hardy will play Elton John in a biopic titled “Rocketman.”
Focus Features announced Hardy’s casting as the iconic piano man on Wednesday. The film is planned to begin shooting late next year.
The 36-year-old British actor is well respected for his wide-ranging talent, but his brawny, tattooed frame makes him an unconventional choice. Hardy is most famous for playing the terrorist Bane in “The Dark Knight Rises.” He has showcased a muscled masculinity in films like “Warrior,” ”Lawless” and “Bronson.”
“Rocketman” is being made with the cooperation of the 66-year-old John, who’s an executive producer on the film.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75