LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer have separated after nine years of marriage.
Maguire’s representative has confirmed a People magazine report on the breakup.
The former couple tells People in a joint statement that the decision came “after much soul searching and consideration.” Maguire and Meyer say their “first priority remains raising our children together with enduring love, respect and friendship.”
Maguire and Meyer have a 9-year-old daughter, Ruby, and a 7-year-old son, Otis.
Most Read Stories
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Seattle cop accused of doing drugs with strip-club dancer, slipping names of crime victims to Q13 anchor
Meyer is a jewelry designer and the daughter of longtime Hollywood executive Ron Meyer.