LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer have separated after nine years of marriage.
Maguire’s representative has confirmed a People magazine report on the breakup.
The former couple tells People in a joint statement that the decision came “after much soul searching and consideration.” Maguire and Meyer say their “first priority remains raising our children together with enduring love, respect and friendship.”
Maguire and Meyer have a 9-year-old daughter, Ruby, and a 7-year-old son, Otis.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
Meyer is a jewelry designer and the daughter of longtime Hollywood executive Ron Meyer.