The man in the suit and tie and the duo who buys clothes at thrift shops are the leaders at this year's MTV Video Music Awards.
The man in the suit and tie and the duo who buys clothes at thrift shops are the leaders at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards.
MTV announced Wednesday that Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have six nominations each. Bruno Mars has four nominations.
Timberlake’s “Mirrors,” Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” and Mars’ “Locked Out of Heaven” will battle Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” and Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble” for video of the year.
Timberlake’s “Mirrors” and “Suit & Tie” are up for best male video, pop video and collaboration, among others. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ nominations include hip-hop video and collaboration.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Thicke, Miley Cyrus, Pink and Thirty Seconds to Mars have three nominations each.
The VMAs will air live Aug. 25 from Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.