Don Payne, an Emmy-winning writer and producer for "The Simpsons" who also wrote the hit movie "Thor," has died. He was 48.
Don Payne, an Emmy-winning writer and producer for “The Simpsons” who also wrote the hit movie “Thor,” has died. He was 48.
His friend and former writing partner, John Frink, tells the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/YgqVYH) that Payne had bone cancer and died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home.
Payne shared four Emmys won by “The Simpsons.”
He also wrote the 2006 Uma Thurman comedy “My Super Ex-Girlfriend” and 2007’s “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.”
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shaq Thompson happy to be at Super Bowl, sorry to Seahawks fans
Most Read Stories
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com