Don Payne, an Emmy-winning writer and producer for "The Simpsons" who also wrote the hit movie "Thor," has died. He was 48.
Don Payne, an Emmy-winning writer and producer for “The Simpsons” who also wrote the hit movie “Thor,” has died. He was 48.
His friend and former writing partner, John Frink, tells the Los Angeles Times (http://lat.ms/YgqVYH) that Payne had bone cancer and died Tuesday at his Los Angeles home.
Payne shared four Emmys won by “The Simpsons.”
He also wrote the 2006 Uma Thurman comedy “My Super Ex-Girlfriend” and 2007’s “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com