Tonight, Matthew McConaughey —
No more an Oscar wannabe?
A laid-back speech no doubt he’ll blurt
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Shell icebreaker slips by; authorities force protesters from Portland bridge
Most Read Stories
Here’s hoping he keeps on his shirt.
It’s Blanchett’s prize, we’ve long been told
But wait; let’s see how things unfold
This lineup’s bench is very deep
Just think: the long shot’s name is Streep.
Best Costume Design
Those “Hustle” gowns were slick, no doubt
A poly-blended fashion shout —
But “Gatsby’s” horn might Oscar toot
Who doesn’t love a pale pink suit?
Moira Macdonald, Seattle Times movie critic