“The Queen”? Indeed. The Best Actress winner looked regal and ethereal at the same time — quite a feat — in this Christian Lacroix confection. Note how nicely the gold Oscar harmonizes with the ensemble.
Formal fish scales never looked so good. Cotillard, who won Best Actress for “La Vie en Rose,” fetchingly swam down the red carpet in a gown by Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Octavia Spencer 2012
A simple shape, elaborate beading, and a perfect fit — this beautiful Tadashi Shoji gown made Spencer, who won Best Supporting Actress for “The Help,” sparkle like the sun.
Moira Macdonald, Seattle Times movie critic