Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, otherwise known as Everyone’s Favorite Hosting Team, return to the Golden Globes, airing 5 p.m. today (Jan. 12) on NBC. A few favorite moments from last year’s show:
The ode to Anne
Tina: The beautiful Anne Hathaway is here tonight. Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in “Les Miserables.” I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were onstage with James Franco at the Oscars.
The flu and Meryl
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks
Most Read Stories
Amy: Meryl Streep is not here tonight. She has the flu. And I hear she’s amaaazing in it.
The drinking game
(Explained on the red carpet)
Tina: The rules are whatever you want them to be. If someone cries during a speech, you take a drink. If someone’s boob falls out of her dress, you take a drink.
Amy: Or, frankly, if you’ve just had a tough week, you take a drink.
Moira Macdonald, Seattle Times movie critic