Weeklong I-90 lane closures go into effect July 18. For all of you who will be stuck on the bridge, here’s a playlist of five of our favorite songs to get you to the other side.
‘Highway to Hell’
That guy slapping the steering wheel in the ’79 Trans Am behind you? He’s probably listening to this classic road-tripping song by AC/DC.
‘Traffic and Weather’
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Fountains of Wayne combined two mundane aspects of everyday life into this exuberant tune about love, lust and broadcast news: “Ooh we belong together like traffic and weather.”
Kraftwerk’s 22:43-minute electronic masterpiece was designed to capture the feel of driving on Germany’s high-speed motorway. (We can dream, can’t we?)
James Taylor feels your pain: “Well I left my job about 5 o’clock … It took fifteen minutes to go three blocks.”
‘I Wanna Be Sedated’
This Ramones song pretty much says it all: “Nothing to do, nowhere to go … I wanna be sedated.”
Jeff Albertson, Nicole Brodeur, Charles R. Cross and Gene Stout