Weeklong I-90 lane closures go into effect July 18. For all of you who will be stuck on the bridge, here’s a playlist of five of our favorite songs to get you to the other side.
‘Highway to Hell’
That guy slapping the steering wheel in the ’79 Trans Am behind you? He’s probably listening to this classic road-tripping song by AC/DC.
‘Traffic and Weather’
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Fountains of Wayne combined two mundane aspects of everyday life into this exuberant tune about love, lust and broadcast news: “Ooh we belong together like traffic and weather.”
Kraftwerk’s 22:43-minute electronic masterpiece was designed to capture the feel of driving on Germany’s high-speed motorway. (We can dream, can’t we?)
James Taylor feels your pain: “Well I left my job about 5 o’clock … It took fifteen minutes to go three blocks.”
‘I Wanna Be Sedated’
This Ramones song pretty much says it all: “Nothing to do, nowhere to go … I wanna be sedated.”
Jeff Albertson, Nicole Brodeur, Charles R. Cross and Gene Stout