Weeklong I-90 lane closures go into effect July 18. For all of you who will be stuck on the bridge, here’s a playlist of five of our favorite songs to get you to the other side.
‘Highway to Hell’
That guy slapping the steering wheel in the ’79 Trans Am behind you? He’s probably listening to this classic road-tripping song by AC/DC.
‘Traffic and Weather’
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say
Most Read Stories
Fountains of Wayne combined two mundane aspects of everyday life into this exuberant tune about love, lust and broadcast news: “Ooh we belong together like traffic and weather.”
Kraftwerk’s 22:43-minute electronic masterpiece was designed to capture the feel of driving on Germany’s high-speed motorway. (We can dream, can’t we?)
James Taylor feels your pain: “Well I left my job about 5 o’clock … It took fifteen minutes to go three blocks.”
‘I Wanna Be Sedated’
This Ramones song pretty much says it all: “Nothing to do, nowhere to go … I wanna be sedated.”
Jeff Albertson, Nicole Brodeur, Charles R. Cross and Gene Stout