The upcoming season of The CW's "Arrow" is getting some flash, as in the popular DC comic book character, the network announced at Tuesday's annual Television Critics Association press tour.
The upcoming season of The CW’s “Arrow” is getting some flash, as in the popular DC comic book character, the network announced at Tuesday’s annual Television Critics Association press tour.
“We plan to introduce a recurring character and the origin story of Dr. Barry Allen, who you know as The Flash,” said network President Mark Pedowitz. “We do want to expand upon the DC Universe. We think that there are rich characters we can use, and we felt like this was a very organic way to get there.”
If all goes as planned, there could be a spinoff.
“Arrow” debuted in the 2012-2013 season and was The CW’s most popular new show.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
It stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, who is based on the DC Comics character The Green Arrow. A spoiled billionaire who was stranded on an island for five years, Queen returns home as a secret hooded crime fighter out to rid his city from corruption using his newfound talent with a bow and arrow.
“Arrow” returns for its second season in October.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar