It's a three-way tie: Taylor Swift, Maroon 5 and fun. are finalists in 11 categories at the Billboard Music Awards.
It’s a three-way tie: Taylor Swift, Maroon 5 and fun. are finalists in 11 categories at the Billboard Music Awards.
Billboard announced the finalists Monday. Rihanna, Carly Rae Jepsen and One Direction are up for 10, nine and eight trophies, respectively.
Swift, Maroon 5, Rihanna, One Direction and Justin Bieber will compete for the top artist award. Adele’s 10-million selling 2011 album, “21,” won top Billboard 200 album last year and is up for the award this year. It’ll battle Swift’s “Red,” Mumford & Sons’ “Babel” as well as One Direction’s albums – “Up All Night” and “Take Me Home” – both released last year.
Performers include Swift, Bieber, Bruno Mars, Miguel and Prince.
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- 10 brand-new Seattle restaurants (and two sad goodbyes)
- CEO Howard Lincoln leaving Mariners with ‘a few regrets’
- Bellevue football report: Coaches violated rules for years, district obstructed investigation
- Former Cal coach Jeff Tedford eyeing UW as a possible comeback to college coaching
Most Read Stories
The Billboard Music Awards will air live May 19 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on ABC.