NEW YORK — PBS is setting the table for the “Downton Abbey” feast ahead with a preview special planned for broadcast in December.
PBS’ “Masterpiece” says “Return to Downton Abbey” will air Dec. 1 with what is billed as “a tantalizing taste” of the upcoming season, which begins Jan. 5.
It also will look back at the series’ past three seasons.
Susan Sarandon serves as host for the special, a mix of behind-the-scenes footage, clips of favorite moments, and interviews with cast members. Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Jim Carter and Shirley MacLaine are among the stars who will appear in the special.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
“Downton Abbey,” the wildly popular drama about British class and culture a century ago, will move into the Roaring Twenties in the new season.