The Seattle Symphony's 2008 Popular Culture Series will bring three major performers to Benaroya Hall: bluegrass stars Bela Fleck and the...
The Seattle Symphony’s 2008 Popular Culture Series will bring three major performers to Benaroya Hall: bluegrass stars Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Feb. 27; Tex-Mex rockers Los Lobos, April 30; and jazz pianist Herbie Hancock, June 18.
Tickets, $20-$100, go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday via the Symphony phone or Web site (206-215-4747 or www.seattlesymphony.org), or the Benaroya ticket office, at the corner of Third Avenue and Union Street, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays and 1-6 p.m. Saturdays.
Executive is parting with Men’s Chorus
Tom Luhnow, executive director of the Seattle Men’s Chorus for the past 12 years, has announced that he will be leaving effective June 30. During his tenure, the budget has doubled, the SMC has moved to Benaroya Hall and the Seattle Women’s Chorus has been formed.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Luhnow, who says he has been planning this change since last July, says he is leaving “on an entirely good note,” and plans to remain in the area and do consulting work with nonprofit groups.
Melinda Bargreen, Seattle Times music critic