The new Miss America will start the first day of her reign the same way most of her predecessors did - with a frolic in the Atlantic City surf.
The new Miss America will start the first day of her reign the same way most of her predecessors did – with a frolic in the Atlantic City surf.
Nina Davuluri will speak at a news conference earlier Monday at Boardwalk Hall, where she became the first contestant of Indian heritage to win the crown Sunday night.
The 24-year-old Syracuse, N.Y., native wants to become a doctor.
A planned visit later in the day to the scene of last week’s devastating boardwalk fire in the New Jersey communities of Seaside Park and Seaside Heights was canceled when pageant officials realized it would interfere with a rebuilding meeting set for the same time.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims