NEW YORK — Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman as CBS’ late-night host.
CBS announced Thursday, April 10, that “The Colbert Report” host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
Letterman has hosted “Late Show with David Letterman” since 1993. He turns 67 Saturday.
Colbert says in a statement: “I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead.”
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Comedy Central’s Emmy-winning “The Colbert Report” has been a hit since its launch in 2005.