NEW YORK — Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman as CBS’ late-night host.
CBS announced Thursday, April 10, that “The Colbert Report” host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
Letterman has hosted “Late Show with David Letterman” since 1993. He turns 67 Saturday.
Colbert says in a statement: “I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead.”
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Comedy Central’s Emmy-winning “The Colbert Report” has been a hit since its launch in 2005.