NEW YORK — Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman as CBS’ late-night host.
CBS announced Thursday, April 10, that “The Colbert Report” host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
Letterman has hosted “Late Show with David Letterman” since 1993. He turns 67 Saturday.
Colbert says in a statement: “I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead.”
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
Most Read Stories
Comedy Central’s Emmy-winning “The Colbert Report” has been a hit since its launch in 2005.