NEW YORK — Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman as CBS’ late-night host.
CBS announced Thursday, April 10, that “The Colbert Report” host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
Letterman has hosted “Late Show with David Letterman” since 1993. He turns 67 Saturday.
Colbert says in a statement: “I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead.”
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Comedy Central’s Emmy-winning “The Colbert Report” has been a hit since its launch in 2005.