NEW YORK — Stephen Colbert is replacing David Letterman as CBS’ late-night host.
CBS announced Thursday, April 10, that “The Colbert Report” host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
Letterman has hosted “Late Show with David Letterman” since 1993. He turns 67 Saturday.
Colbert says in a statement: “I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead.”
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
Most Read Stories
Comedy Central’s Emmy-winning “The Colbert Report” has been a hit since its launch in 2005.