Egg Hunts: Seattle-area community centers are hosting egg hunts this weekend. Details: http://parkways.seattle.gov/2013/03/19/eggy-eggstravaganzas-seattle-parks-and-recreation-offers-free-and-low-cost-egg-hunts-all-over-town/.
AT THE MOVIES
“G.I. Joe: Retaliation”: In this action/adventure sequel, the G.I. Joes fight their enemy, Cobra. It opened Wednesday at several theaters (at many in 3D).
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
“The Host”: It’s back to the Stephenie Meyer well for this sci-fi/romance starring Saoirse Ronan. Late-night previews Thursday, opens Friday at several theaters.
“No”: Gael García Bernal stars in director Pablo Larraín’s political drama. Opens Friday at the Guild 45th.
“From Up on Poppy Hill”: An animated tale from director Goro Miyazaki that follows a group of 1963 Yokohama teens trying to save their clubhouse. Opens Friday at the Egyptian.
“The Silence”: This German thriller involves the disappearance of a 13-year-old girl and an unsolved 23-year-old case. Opens Friday at the Varsity.
“Revolutionary Optimists”:A documentary about children in the slums of Kolkata. Opens Friday at the SIFF Cinemas at the Uptown.
“Sushi: The Global Catch”:A documentary about sushi eaters around the world. Opens Friday at the Grand Illusion.
“Beyond the Hills”: A Romanian drama about a young nun living in a monastery and her childhood friend, who wants to take her away. Opens Friday at the Seven Gables.
“Tyler Perry’s Temptation”: Tyler Perry’s latest stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell as a married woman tempted by a billionaire. Opens Friday at several theaters.