Nicki Minaj sings about "Starships," but is she a star-maker? The singer-rapper could be joining the ranks of "American Idol" judges.
Nicki Minaj sings about “Starships,” but is she a star-maker? The singer-rapper could be joining the ranks of “American Idol” judges.
A person close to Minaj said Monday the 29-year-old entertainer has been in talks to judge the Fox TV competition and that a deal is in the works. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.
The Fox network said it had no comment.
If Minaj signs on, she would join Mariah Carey as a new judge on “Idol,” which returns in January. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their exits from the show last month.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories
Minaj – known for her colorful hairstyles, wardrobe and antics – is best known for hits like “Super Bass,” “Starships” and “Turn Me On” with David Guetta.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/musicmesfin