James Bond rules the box office - though he has failed to dethrone Harry Potter.
James Bond rules the box office – though he has failed to dethrone Harry Potter.
Producers say the new Bond adventure, “Skyfall,” has had the second-biggest opening weekend in British movie history, taking 20.1 million pounds ($32 million) at the U.K. box office.
That is the biggest opening weekend for any of the 23 Bond films, and ranks just behind last year’s final Potter movie, “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” which took 23 million pounds in its first weekend in Britain.
“Skyfall” opened this weekend in 25 global markets, taking in a total of $77.7 million between Friday and Sunday.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
The film, which stars Daniel Craig as agent 007 and Javier Bardem as a villain bent on revenge, opens in the United States on Nov. 9.