James Bond rules the box office - though he has failed to dethrone Harry Potter.
James Bond rules the box office – though he has failed to dethrone Harry Potter.
Producers say the new Bond adventure, “Skyfall,” has had the second-biggest opening weekend in British movie history, taking 20.1 million pounds ($32 million) at the U.K. box office.
That is the biggest opening weekend for any of the 23 Bond films, and ranks just behind last year’s final Potter movie, “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” which took 23 million pounds in its first weekend in Britain.
“Skyfall” opened this weekend in 25 global markets, taking in a total of $77.7 million between Friday and Sunday.
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- King County home prices surge, just shy of 2007 peak
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
Most Read Stories
The film, which stars Daniel Craig as agent 007 and Javier Bardem as a villain bent on revenge, opens in the United States on Nov. 9.