It's a girl for Grammy-nominated Christian singer Francesca Battistelli.
It’s a girl for Grammy-nominated Christian singer Francesca Battistelli.
The 27-year-old and her husband, Matthew Goodwin, welcomed their second child, Audrey Jane Goodwin, at their Atlanta area home early Tuesday morning. The family then went to a hospital.
Her publicist told The Associated Press the baby weighs 8 pounds, 11 ounces and is 20 inches long. The couple have a son, Matthew Elijah, who was born in September 2010.
Battistelli says she’s been “so incredibly blessed with a beautiful baby girl” and adds that big brother Eli is “so excited to have a little sister.”
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
Most Read Stories
Battistelli was the first female vocalist in nearly 20 years to be named artist of the year at the 2011 Dove Awards. Her hits include “Free to Be Me” and “I’m Letting Go.”
Caitlin R. King covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her at: http://www.twitter.com/CaitlinRKing