"Shrek the Musical" casts Broadway vets for the show at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre, including Brian d'Arcy James (Shrek), Chester Gregory II (Donkey) and John Tartaglia (Pinocchio).
The producers of the new show “Shrek the Musical” have announced the casting of three major roles in the production, which will have its world premiere at Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theatre Aug. 14-Sept. 21, and move on to a Broadway run that opens in December.
All three actors are Broadway veterans: Brian d’Arcy James will play the role of Shrek, the benign ogre of three DreamWorks animated films; Chester Gregory II will portray Shrek’s sidekick, Donkey; and John Tartaglia will play the legendary Pinocchio.
Previously announced cast members include Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona and Christopher Sieber as Lord Farquaad.
Tickets to the Seattle run are currently available only as part of a 5th Avenue Theatre subscription. They go on sale to the general public June 13. More details: www.5thavenue.org, 206-625-1900 888-584-4849.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
Most Read Stories
Misha Berson: firstname.lastname@example.org