Get out your deerstalker and your pipe and prepare for a wild ride – the next episode of Masterpiece’s “Sherlock” series, “The Abominable Bride,” premieres at 9 p.m. Friday Jan. 1, New Year’s Day, on PBS channels nationwide (in Seattle, on KCTS 9).
Benedict Cumberbatch returns as Sherlock Holmes, and Martin Freeman reprises his role as Dr. Watson, along with other regular characters, including Mary Morstan (Amanda Abbington), Inspector Lestrade (Rupert Graves) and Mrs. Hudson (Una Stubbs).
No advance screenings of this highly anticipated 90-minute episode were available, but The Guardian reports that the show is partially set in 1895, suggesting that some artful time travel is involved, since previous episodes were based in contemporary London and surrounds. Series creators Mark Gattis and Steven Moffat were previously associated with the time-travelling Doctor Who.
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- 3 dead, 1 wounded in Oregon shooting; suspect arrested
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail
- Seattle-area home prices surge to new high
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
Most Read Stories