Get out your deerstalker and your pipe and prepare for a wild ride – the next episode of Masterpiece’s “Sherlock” series, “The Abominable Bride,” premieres at 9 p.m. Friday Jan. 1, New Year’s Day, on PBS channels nationwide (in Seattle, on KCTS 9).
Benedict Cumberbatch returns as Sherlock Holmes, and Martin Freeman reprises his role as Dr. Watson, along with other regular characters, including Mary Morstan (Amanda Abbington), Inspector Lestrade (Rupert Graves) and Mrs. Hudson (Una Stubbs).
No advance screenings of this highly anticipated 90-minute episode were available, but The Guardian reports that the show is partially set in 1895, suggesting that some artful time travel is involved, since previous episodes were based in contemporary London and surrounds. Series creators Mark Gattis and Steven Moffat were previously associated with the time-travelling Doctor Who.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care