Get out your deerstalker and your pipe and prepare for a wild ride – the next episode of Masterpiece’s “Sherlock” series, “The Abominable Bride,” premieres at 9 p.m. Friday Jan. 1, New Year’s Day, on PBS channels nationwide (in Seattle, on KCTS 9).
Benedict Cumberbatch returns as Sherlock Holmes, and Martin Freeman reprises his role as Dr. Watson, along with other regular characters, including Mary Morstan (Amanda Abbington), Inspector Lestrade (Rupert Graves) and Mrs. Hudson (Una Stubbs).
No advance screenings of this highly anticipated 90-minute episode were available, but The Guardian reports that the show is partially set in 1895, suggesting that some artful time travel is involved, since previous episodes were based in contemporary London and surrounds. Series creators Mark Gattis and Steven Moffat were previously associated with the time-travelling Doctor Who.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Federal judge: ‘The citizens of Seattle are not going to pay blackmail for constitutional policing’
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Man shot at Seattle's Golden Gardens Park amid apparent gunfight
- Pac-12 football preview: Washington an overwhelming favorite in the North