Authorities say they've arrested a man who's accused of breaking into Selena Gomez's guesthouse while the 21-year-old actress and singer was home.
Authorities say they’ve arrested a man who’s accused of breaking into Selena Gomez’s guesthouse while the 21-year-old actress and singer was home.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says 20-year-old transient Cruz Che is being held Monday on $50,000 bail. Deputies didn’t know if he’d retained an attorney.
Sgt. Fray Lupian says Gomez arrived at Gomez’s Calabasas (cal-uh-BASS’-us) home at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday when she heard a noise and called security.
He says the suspect knocked on the door and a friend answered but slammed it closed when he asked for Gomez.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
Most Read Stories
Security found the suspect in the guesthouse and held him for deputies.
Gomez, the former “Wizards of Waverly Place” actress turned pop star, was named favorite female singer Saturday night at the Kids’ Choice Awards.