Seattle Opera offers a chance to see the opening night of its production of "Madame Butterfly" in an HD simulcast at KeyArena on May 5 — for free.
Seattle Opera closes its current season with the much-loved Puccini opera “Madame Butterfly” and with something entirely new: a free, live HD simulcast of the opera’s opening night on a big screen at KeyArena.
“Bringing a Seattle Opera performance to everyone has long been my dream,” said Speight Jenkins, Seattle Opera general director, in a news release about the May 5 simulcast.
Up to 8,000 free tickets will be made available to the public. Priority seating may be reserved for the simulcast beginning at 9 a.m. Monday at seattleopera.org/keysimulcast. At 6 p.m. May 5, seating begins at the Key for those who have registered in advance. Doors open to everyone at 6:30 p.m.; the simulcast begins at 7:30 p.m.
The production stars Patricia Racette as Cio-Cio-San and Stefano Secco as Pinkerton, and its run at Seattle Opera ends May 19.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
Most Read Stories
Seattle Times staff