Evite, a digital event planning service, announced Thursday that Seattle is on its annual list of the Top 20 Party Cities of 2016.
Seattleites don’t need a reason to party. But if they did, here’s one more: Seattle has been ranked one of the top party cities in the nation.
Evite, a digital event-planning service, said Thursday that Seattle is on its annual list of the Top 20 Party Cities of 2016.
Seattle came in ninth with 41,976 events recorded by Evite, beating out Washington, D.C., Dallas, Portland, Denver and San Francisco.
The list is based on Evite’s data, which analyzed the number of events with specified sites planned over the past year in cities in the U.S. and Canada.
Most Read Stories
- Shooter sent Facebook message to Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos before gunfire at UW protest, police say
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- Trump administration taps 2 Washington state GOP legislators to help reshape EPA
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
In its press release, Evite said that “the biggest party days of the year are usually the last two Saturdays before Christmas. This year, the most parties are expected to be held on Saturday, Dec. 10 and Saturday, Dec. 17 (since the last Saturday before Christmas is both Christmas Eve and the start of Hanukkah).”
The top 10 cities were: Houston, Chicago, Austin, San Diego, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, San Jose, Seattle and Washington.