The weekend is full of events for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community and their supporters.
March to Cal Anderson Park starts assembling at 5 p.m. and moves at 6 p.m. Friday on Broadway in front of Seattle Central Community College, followed by a rally in Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle. The program includes information booths, speakers, performances and dancing (www.transprideseattle.org).
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
Most Read Stories
PrideFest Family Day
Games, crafts, bounce house, magic, music (including the band Recess Monkey). Noon-5 p.m. Saturday, Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org/family).
Capitol Hill Pride Festival
Music, food, entertainment open to all, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; doggie parade and Doggie Drag Costume Contest, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; $5 donation to Seattle Humane Society suggested. On Broadway between East John Street and Harrison Street, Seattle (www.capitolhillpridefestival.info).
Seattle Pride Parade and PrideFest
Parade, 11 a.m. Sunday, on Fourth Avenue from Union Street to Denny Way, Seattle (www.seattlepride.org/pride-parade.html); PrideFest entertainment, vendors, noon-8 p.m. Sunday, Seattle Center, Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org).