The weekend is full of events for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community and their supporters.
March to Cal Anderson Park starts assembling at 5 p.m. and moves at 6 p.m. Friday on Broadway in front of Seattle Central Community College, followed by a rally in Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle. The program includes information booths, speakers, performances and dancing (www.transprideseattle.org).
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
PrideFest Family Day
Games, crafts, bounce house, magic, music (including the band Recess Monkey). Noon-5 p.m. Saturday, Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org/family).
Capitol Hill Pride Festival
Music, food, entertainment open to all, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; doggie parade and Doggie Drag Costume Contest, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; $5 donation to Seattle Humane Society suggested. On Broadway between East John Street and Harrison Street, Seattle (www.capitolhillpridefestival.info).
Seattle Pride Parade and PrideFest
Parade, 11 a.m. Sunday, on Fourth Avenue from Union Street to Denny Way, Seattle (www.seattlepride.org/pride-parade.html); PrideFest entertainment, vendors, noon-8 p.m. Sunday, Seattle Center, Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org).