The weekend is full of events for members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community and their supporters.
March to Cal Anderson Park starts assembling at 5 p.m. and moves at 6 p.m. Friday on Broadway in front of Seattle Central Community College, followed by a rally in Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle. The program includes information booths, speakers, performances and dancing (www.transprideseattle.org).
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
PrideFest Family Day
Games, crafts, bounce house, magic, music (including the band Recess Monkey). Noon-5 p.m. Saturday, Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org/family).
Capitol Hill Pride Festival
Music, food, entertainment open to all, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; doggie parade and Doggie Drag Costume Contest, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; $5 donation to Seattle Humane Society suggested. On Broadway between East John Street and Harrison Street, Seattle (www.capitolhillpridefestival.info).
Seattle Pride Parade and PrideFest
Parade, 11 a.m. Sunday, on Fourth Avenue from Union Street to Denny Way, Seattle (www.seattlepride.org/pride-parade.html); PrideFest entertainment, vendors, noon-8 p.m. Sunday, Seattle Center, Seattle (www.seattlepridefest.org).