Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary "Searching for Sugar Man," Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary “Searching for Sugar Man,” Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police spokeswoman Pia Glenvik said Bendjelloul died in Stockholm late Tuesday, but wouldn’t specify the cause of death.
She said no crime is suspected in relation to the Swedish film maker’s death.
“Searching for Sugar Man,” which detailed the life and career of American singer Sixto Rodriguez, was awarded with the Oscar for best documentary in 2013.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more