Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary "Searching for Sugar Man," Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary “Searching for Sugar Man,” Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police spokeswoman Pia Glenvik said Bendjelloul died in Stockholm late Tuesday, but wouldn’t specify the cause of death.
She said no crime is suspected in relation to the Swedish film maker’s death.
“Searching for Sugar Man,” which detailed the life and career of American singer Sixto Rodriguez, was awarded with the Oscar for best documentary in 2013.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners