Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary "Searching for Sugar Man," Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary “Searching for Sugar Man,” Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police spokeswoman Pia Glenvik said Bendjelloul died in Stockholm late Tuesday, but wouldn’t specify the cause of death.
She said no crime is suspected in relation to the Swedish film maker’s death.
“Searching for Sugar Man,” which detailed the life and career of American singer Sixto Rodriguez, was awarded with the Oscar for best documentary in 2013.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list