Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary "Searching for Sugar Man," Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary “Searching for Sugar Man,” Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police spokeswoman Pia Glenvik said Bendjelloul died in Stockholm late Tuesday, but wouldn’t specify the cause of death.
She said no crime is suspected in relation to the Swedish film maker’s death.
“Searching for Sugar Man,” which detailed the life and career of American singer Sixto Rodriguez, was awarded with the Oscar for best documentary in 2013.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact