Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary "Searching for Sugar Man," Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police in Sweden say the film director behind the Oscar-awarded music documentary “Searching for Sugar Man,” Malik Bendjelloul has died. He was 36.
Police spokeswoman Pia Glenvik said Bendjelloul died in Stockholm late Tuesday, but wouldn’t specify the cause of death.
She said no crime is suspected in relation to the Swedish film maker’s death.
“Searching for Sugar Man,” which detailed the life and career of American singer Sixto Rodriguez, was awarded with the Oscar for best documentary in 2013.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik