Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs -- days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs — days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Saatchi testified Friday at the fraud trial of two former personal assistants, who are accused of spending the former couple’s money on luxury goods. They deny wrongdoing.
When asked if he believed allegations Lawson was so high she allowed the assistants to spend freely, Saatchi told the court “not for a second.”
The art baron said it was a “terrible mistake” that an email he’d sent Lawson claiming she was on drugs was made public in court.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
Saatchi says he has “never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever.”
Lawson is expected to testify Wednesday.