Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs -- days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs — days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Saatchi testified Friday at the fraud trial of two former personal assistants, who are accused of spending the former couple’s money on luxury goods. They deny wrongdoing.
When asked if he believed allegations Lawson was so high she allowed the assistants to spend freely, Saatchi told the court “not for a second.”
The art baron said it was a “terrible mistake” that an email he’d sent Lawson claiming she was on drugs was made public in court.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks
Most Read Stories
Saatchi says he has “never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever.”
Lawson is expected to testify Wednesday.