Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs -- days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Charles Saatchi says he has no knowledge of his ex-wife Nigella Lawson ever taking drugs — days after the release of an email in which he referred to the celebrity chef as drug-addled.
Saatchi testified Friday at the fraud trial of two former personal assistants, who are accused of spending the former couple’s money on luxury goods. They deny wrongdoing.
When asked if he believed allegations Lawson was so high she allowed the assistants to spend freely, Saatchi told the court “not for a second.”
The art baron said it was a “terrible mistake” that an email he’d sent Lawson claiming she was on drugs was made public in court.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
Saatchi says he has “never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever.”
Lawson is expected to testify Wednesday.