A new Pioneer Square art gallery, Room 104, opens Nov. 1, 2012.
Seattle has a new art gallery: Room 104. Located in Pioneer Square’s studio-filled Tashiro Kaplan Building, it hosts work by new and established artists in every medium: painting, fiber art, installation, mixed media. It opens Thursday with a group show, “Things to Come,” by 17 artists who’ll be on the exhibit calendar in 2013-14. Opening reception is 6-8 p.m. Thursday. Exhibit hours: 10:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday through Dec. 15. Room 104, 306 S. Washington St., #104, Seattle; free (206-953-8104 or www.room104gallery.com).
Seattle Times arts writer
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why