Sony Pictures will make a raunchy, R-rated animated film written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg titled "Sausage Party."
Sony Pictures will make a raunchy, R-rated animated film written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg titled “Sausage Party.”
The project was announced Tuesday by Sony, which is co-financing the film with Annapurna Pictures. Writing partners Rogen and Goldberg penned the script along with Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir.
“Sausage Party” is described as “one sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence.” After falling out of a shopping cart, the sausage journeys through a supermarket.
Directing the film will be Conrad Vernon (the co-director of “Madagascar 3″) and Greg Tiernan.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
Rogen and Goldberg have together written the comedies “Superbad,” “Pineapple Express,” “The Green Hornet” and “This Is the End.”
“Sausage Party” is planned for release in 2015.