Academy Award winner Robert Duvall is one of the spectators at the racketeering trial of reputed gangster James "Whitey" Bulger.
Academy Award winner Robert Duvall is one of the spectators at the racketeering trial of reputed gangster James “Whitey” Bulger.
Duvall sat in the back of the Boston courtroom Friday.
The 82-year-old Duvall has had a long TV and film career, including starring roles in “The Godfather” and “The Godfather: Part II.” In those mob epics, he played Tom Hagen, a lawyer and adviser to the Corleone family.
He won a best actor Oscar in 1984 for his role in “Tender Mercies.”
- Widespread Comcast outage reported in Puget Sound
- Largest organic grocer now Costco, analysts say
- Bette Midler lights up KeyArena | Concert review
- FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities
- Snooze away: Adults need 7 hours of sleep a night, new guidelines say
Most Read Stories
He has been shooting a movie, “The Judge,” in Shelburne, Mass., this month. Duvall plays the title character in the film, which also stars Robert Downey Jr., Billy Bob Thornton and Vincent D’Onofrio.