Robert Redford is far more excited about the beginning of the 30th Sundance Film Festival than concerned about his Oscar snub for "All is Lost."
Robert Redford is far more excited about the beginning of the 30th Sundance Film Festival than concerned about his Oscar snub for “All is Lost.”
The 77-year-old actor-director-producer discussed the Academy Award nominations Thursday on the first day of the independent film festival in Park City, Utah.
Redford is the only actor in the film, playing a shipwreck survivor struggling to stay alive.
He said he loved the experience of making the movie and said it “gave me the chance as an actor to go back to my roots.” The film “suffered from little to no distribution,” he said, and had no campaign to help it reach mainstream audiences and Oscar voters.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
“Would it have been wonderful to be nominated? Of course,” Redford said. “But I’m not disturbed by it or upset by it… I was so happy to be able to do this film because it was independent.”
The Sundance Film Festival continues through Jan. 26.
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen at www.twitter.com/APSandy .