The musical “Pippin,” in an acclaimed 2013 Tony Award-winning revival with a circus motif, will tour to Seattle’s Paramount Theatre in the 2014-15 Broadway at the Paramount series, the theater has announced. Performance dates are Aug. 18-23, 2015.
Also in the season lineup is the musical “Dirty Dancing” (Jan. 20-Feb. 1, 2015) based on the popular romantic film of the same title starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. The show was a hit on London’s West End, but has not yet come to Broadway.
The other subscription offerings are the holiday show “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical” (Dec. 2-7, 2014); the recent Broadway revival of the tune-filled fairy tale “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s ‘Cinderella’” (Feb. 24-March 1, 2015); and a new tour of the well-traveled blockbuster, “The Phantom of the Opera” (April 30-May 10, 2015).
Series subscribers can also add on “season option” productions of two familiar long-touring tuners, “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” (Oct. 21-26, 2014) and “Wicked” (July 8-Aug. 2, 2015).
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Bellevue High principal leaves school amid scrutiny of football program
- Seahawks bolster key areas of need on Day 3 of NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Misha Berson: firstname.lastname@example.org