The musical “Pippin,” in an acclaimed 2013 Tony Award-winning revival with a circus motif, will tour to Seattle’s Paramount Theatre in the 2014-15 Broadway at the Paramount series, the theater has announced. Performance dates are Aug. 18-23, 2015.
Also in the season lineup is the musical “Dirty Dancing” (Jan. 20-Feb. 1, 2015) based on the popular romantic film of the same title starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. The show was a hit on London’s West End, but has not yet come to Broadway.
The other subscription offerings are the holiday show “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical” (Dec. 2-7, 2014); the recent Broadway revival of the tune-filled fairy tale “Rodgers + Hammerstein’s ‘Cinderella’” (Feb. 24-March 1, 2015); and a new tour of the well-traveled blockbuster, “The Phantom of the Opera” (April 30-May 10, 2015).
Series subscribers can also add on “season option” productions of two familiar long-touring tuners, “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” (Oct. 21-26, 2014) and “Wicked” (July 8-Aug. 2, 2015).
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Misha Berson: email@example.com