NEW YORK — Oprah Winfrey is taking a self-help show on the road to eight cities this fall, a two-day event giving fans a chance to see and possibly meet her.
The talk-show host and chief of the OWN television network said Wednesday the “Oprah’s The Life You Want Weekend” will include some of the personalities she has featured over the years. Also appearing will be OWN host Iyanla Vanzant, “Eat, Pray, Love” author Elizabeth Gilbert and Pastor Rob Bell, with author Deepak Chopra at some of the tour stops.
Winfrey has done speaking engagements and held a few live “Oprah’s Life Class” events in recent years, but nothing of this scale, organizers said.
“All of my life I have wanted to lead people to an empathy space. To a gratitude space,” Winfrey said. “I want us all to fulfill our greatest potential. To find our calling, and summon the courage to live it.”
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
Tickets start at $99 and range up to $999. The top price will buy a prime arena seat, gift bags and an opportunity to meet the star.
Winfrey will talk on Friday night in each city, with Saturdays devoted to the other personalities. The first stop will be Atlanta on the first weekend in September, with subsequent arena stops outside Detroit; in Washington; Newark, N.J.; Houston; Miami; Seattle; and San Jose, Calif.