Olympic Sculpture Park Summer Season
Seattle Art Museum urges visitors to “play, picnic and create” this summer at the Olympic Sculpture Park — and that shouldn’t be hard to do, thanks to the park’s fifth annual OSP Summer Season.
The whole shebang kicks off at 6 p.m. Thursday (July 10) with performances by Seattle Kokon Taiko and jazz band Picoso. Assuming everyone is warmed up, partygoers are invited to tag along on an Art Hit tour at 6:30 with local urban designer and community-growth strategist Stephen Antupit. Also: art activities, mini yoga session and a passel of food trucks.
Goings-on continue 6-9 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 28, when the park hosts more Art Hit tours, food and live music. Of note: On that final Thursday, the popular Seattle Parks and Recreation series Dancing til Dusk lands at the park, with the Valse Cafe Orchestra, a dance floor and free professional lessons.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
Saturdays are lively, too, with yoga at 10:30 a.m. and Zumba at 2 p.m., drop-in art projects, sketching workshops and crafts, through Aug. 23.
A full schedule of activities is at www.seattleartmuseum.org/summer.
Seattle Times staff