Olympic Sculpture Park Summer Season
Seattle Art Museum urges visitors to “play, picnic and create” this summer at the Olympic Sculpture Park — and that shouldn’t be hard to do, thanks to the park’s fifth annual OSP Summer Season.
The whole shebang kicks off at 6 p.m. Thursday (July 10) with performances by Seattle Kokon Taiko and jazz band Picoso. Assuming everyone is warmed up, partygoers are invited to tag along on an Art Hit tour at 6:30 with local urban designer and community-growth strategist Stephen Antupit. Also: art activities, mini yoga session and a passel of food trucks.
Goings-on continue 6-9 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 28, when the park hosts more Art Hit tours, food and live music. Of note: On that final Thursday, the popular Seattle Parks and Recreation series Dancing til Dusk lands at the park, with the Valse Cafe Orchestra, a dance floor and free professional lessons.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
Most Read Stories
Saturdays are lively, too, with yoga at 10:30 a.m. and Zumba at 2 p.m., drop-in art projects, sketching workshops and crafts, through Aug. 23.
A full schedule of activities is at www.seattleartmuseum.org/summer.
Seattle Times staff