New Jersey's famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
New Jersey’s famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
Speaking Monday at a briefing on storm recovery. Gov. Chris Christie revealed he unexpectedly spoke with Bruce Springsteen earlier in the day. Christie had been discussing storm-related matters with President Barack Obama when Obama handed the phone to Springsteen, who was traveling with him as part of a campaign trip.
Christie also said he got a hug from Springsteen at Friday’s benefit concert for storm victims.
The famously liberal Springsteen had never previously acknowledged the Republican governor. Christie considers himself among The Boss’ biggest fans and has attended more than 100 of his concerts.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
Christie has praised Obama’s handling of the storm, while continuing to back Mitt Romney.
Christie says he wept at home after meeting his idol, calling it a major highlight during a tough week.