New Jersey's famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
New Jersey’s famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
Speaking Monday at a briefing on storm recovery. Gov. Chris Christie revealed he unexpectedly spoke with Bruce Springsteen earlier in the day. Christie had been discussing storm-related matters with President Barack Obama when Obama handed the phone to Springsteen, who was traveling with him as part of a campaign trip.
Christie also said he got a hug from Springsteen at Friday’s benefit concert for storm victims.
The famously liberal Springsteen had never previously acknowledged the Republican governor. Christie considers himself among The Boss’ biggest fans and has attended more than 100 of his concerts.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Christie has praised Obama’s handling of the storm, while continuing to back Mitt Romney.
Christie says he wept at home after meeting his idol, calling it a major highlight during a tough week.