New Jersey's famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
New Jersey’s famously tough-talking governor finally got a hug from his longest-running unrequited love.
Speaking Monday at a briefing on storm recovery. Gov. Chris Christie revealed he unexpectedly spoke with Bruce Springsteen earlier in the day. Christie had been discussing storm-related matters with President Barack Obama when Obama handed the phone to Springsteen, who was traveling with him as part of a campaign trip.
Christie also said he got a hug from Springsteen at Friday’s benefit concert for storm victims.
The famously liberal Springsteen had never previously acknowledged the Republican governor. Christie considers himself among The Boss’ biggest fans and has attended more than 100 of his concerts.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
Christie has praised Obama’s handling of the storm, while continuing to back Mitt Romney.
Christie says he wept at home after meeting his idol, calling it a major highlight during a tough week.