Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Producers of the Tony Award-winning show said Thursday that Harris will play his final performance at the Belasco Theatre on Aug. 17. Rannells will take over Aug. 20.
Rannells earned a Tony nomination as an ever-smiling Mormon missionary in the debut cast of “The Book of Mormon” and also plays Elijah on “Girls.”
Now he’ll play a German male transsexual rock singer in a tale of obsession, glam rock and a botched sex-change operation. Harris earned his Tony win Sunday for the blistering role.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death