Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Producers of the Tony Award-winning show said Thursday that Harris will play his final performance at the Belasco Theatre on Aug. 17. Rannells will take over Aug. 20.
Rannells earned a Tony nomination as an ever-smiling Mormon missionary in the debut cast of “The Book of Mormon” and also plays Elijah on “Girls.”
Now he’ll play a German male transsexual rock singer in a tale of obsession, glam rock and a botched sex-change operation. Harris earned his Tony win Sunday for the blistering role.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars