Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Producers of the Tony Award-winning show said Thursday that Harris will play his final performance at the Belasco Theatre on Aug. 17. Rannells will take over Aug. 20.
Rannells earned a Tony nomination as an ever-smiling Mormon missionary in the debut cast of “The Book of Mormon” and also plays Elijah on “Girls.”
Now he’ll play a German male transsexual rock singer in a tale of obsession, glam rock and a botched sex-change operation. Harris earned his Tony win Sunday for the blistering role.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Jammed-up I-405 forcing some buses to the shoulder