Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Neil Patrick Harris will leave hit Broadway show “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” and Andrew Rannells will slip into his old wigs.
Producers of the Tony Award-winning show said Thursday that Harris will play his final performance at the Belasco Theatre on Aug. 17. Rannells will take over Aug. 20.
Rannells earned a Tony nomination as an ever-smiling Mormon missionary in the debut cast of “The Book of Mormon” and also plays Elijah on “Girls.”
Now he’ll play a German male transsexual rock singer in a tale of obsession, glam rock and a botched sex-change operation. Harris earned his Tony win Sunday for the blistering role.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit