Neil Patrick Harris, Sting, Idina Menzel, Alan Cumming and Sutton Foster -- as well as the teaming up of Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Fantasia -- will perform at the Tony Awards on June 8.
Neil Patrick Harris, Sting, Idina Menzel, Alan Cumming and Sutton Foster — as well as the teaming up of Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Fantasia — will perform at the Tony Awards on June 8.
Producers announced a music-heavy lineup that includes all the best new musical nominees — “Aladdin,” ”After Midnight,” ”Beautiful: The Carole King Musical,” ”A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder” — and some overlooked ones, including “Bullets Over Broadway,” ”Rocky” and “If/Then.” Three revivals — “Les Miserables,” ”Violet” and Cumming’s “Cabaret” — will also be featured.
Sting will perform a song from his Broadway-bound musical, “The Last Ship.”
Harris, in the past a winning host, will return to sing a song from his “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” in which he plays a German male transsexual rock singer. He together with a lascivious and edgy Cumming as “Cabaret” emcee may add some spice to the night.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
The Tony Awards will be broadcast from Radio City Music Hall on CBS. Hugh Jackman will host.