NBC says it's planning a 12-day-long, around-the-clock competition show to air this fall.
NBC says it’s planning a 12-day-long, around-the-clock competition show to air this fall.
The network said Wednesday that the trivia-based game show, “The Million Second Quiz,” will air live in prime time from a specially built studio in the heart of Manhattan. This hourglass-shaped complex will also serve as the living quarters of the four finalists.
When the 12 days – or 1 million seconds – draw to a close, the winner could claim a cash prize of as much as $10 million.
Viewers will be able to play along in real time and sync to the prime-time broadcast.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
NBC’s president of alternative and late night programming calls the show “a game, a social experiment and a live interactive event.”
The network didn’t announce a premiere date.