The Seattle rapper announced he and Ryan Lewis are also on a "creative" break.
Seattle rapper Macklemore on Thursday released a new single, “Glorious,” from a new and as yet unnamed album.
The song, featuring Skylar Grey, comes just as Macklemore also announced that he and longtime collaborator and friend Ryan Lewis would be seeking some “creative space,” according to a post on Instagram.
“Ryan Lewis is my brother forever. We have been working together damn near every day for 9 years and it felt like the right time,” Macklemore wrote. “This decision came from a place of love for one another. I’m the best man at his wedding next month. There will be more M&RL music to come when the time is right.”
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
The duo’s second album, “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made,” did not sell as well as their platinum-selling and Grammy-winning debut, “The Heist.”
“It felt like the right record to come back with, embarking on this new chapter of life,” wrote Macklemore.