Though some of the area's independent moviehouses, such as the Northwest Film Forum, are closed for the holiday week, the Grand Illusion is still going strong with its 34th annual...
Though some of the area’s independent moviehouses, such as the Northwest Film Forum, are closed for the holiday week, the Grand Illusion is still going strong with its 34th annual holiday run of Frank Capra’s classic heartwarmer “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Go and see Jimmy Stewart, Clarence the angel and little Zuzu, appearing daily through Thursday.
Also at the Grand Illusion: Tuesday brings a special DVD-launch screening of the locally made film “Inheritance,” an intelligent and genuinely creepy thriller directed by Kris Kristensen and written by Kristensen and Brian McDonald. Jen Taylor, featured in the video game “Halo 2,” stars as a young woman who seems to be possessed by the spirit of the old woman who once lived in her home. Kristensen and McDonald will host the screening and a Q & A, and the film’s new DVD will be available for purchase. 7 and 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Grand Illusion, 1405 N.E. 50th St., Seattle; www.grandillusioncinema.org or 206-523-3935. For more information on “Inheritance,” see the film’s Web site at www.inheritancefilm.com.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
Happy holidays to all, and to all a good night …
Moira Macdonald: 206-464-2725 or firstname.lastname@example.org