The four string players of the vibrant Miró Quartet have been in residence this week at Seattle University at the invitation of music-program director Dr. Quinton Morris, who studied with Miró violinist Daniel Ching.
The quartet’s stay here includes a public concert featuring Beethoven’s String Quartet No. 10, Op. 74 (“Harp”), Brahms’ String Quartet No. 1 in C minor and Schubert’s String Quartet No. 12 in C minor (”Quartettsatz”).
7:30 p.m. Saturday, Pigott Auditorium, Seattle University, 901 12th Ave., Seattle; $7-$25 (206-398-4994).
Michael Upchurch, Seattle Times arts writer
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney