LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mickey Mouse is hanging with a fast crowd in a new Disney TV series.
Disney said Thursday its animated “Mickey and the Roadster Racers” will pair the famous mouse with recurring guests Jimmie Johnson, Danica Patrick and Jeff Gordon.
The NASCAR stars will voice animated characters based on them. Johnson plays Jiminy Johnson; Patrick is Danni Sue, and Gordon is Gordon Gear.
Mickey’s pals Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Daisy and Donald will be along for the ride as well when the series debuts in January on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
“Mickey and the Roadster Racers” is described as a “madcap” adventure series for children 2 through 7, with lessons on topics including friendship and teamwork.
Other celebrity guests will include Jay Leno, Tim Gunn, Tony Shalhoub, Jane Leeves and Patton Oswalt.
“Mickey and the Roadster Racers” will debut 9 a.m. EDT Sunday, Jan. 15, on the Disney channels.