Vegfest, March 24-25, 2012, at Seattle Center Exhibition Hall.
Treat your taste buds to a world of flavors at Vegfest, a festival spotlighting healthful vegetarian food, Saturday and Sunday at Seattle Center. Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply interested in healthful eating, Vegetarians of Washington invites you to discover the advantages and experience the pleasures of eating without meat.
Hundreds of kinds of food samples are available, including American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Indian and Italian cuisine, most available for purchase so you can take home some of your favorites. Cooking demonstrations by local and national chefs will be aimed to provide information and inspiration, and cookbooks will be on sale to help you produce your new favorites at home. Speakers throughout both days illustrate the health benefits of vegetarian eating, with free health screenings available.
Vegfest is kid-friendly, with free admission for ages 12 and younger, including entertainment and a special tasting section of food for kids.
The Seattle Monorail, a popular transportation option to Seattle Center, commemorates its 50th anniversary Saturday with special events, so expect crowds if you’re traveling that way.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Madeline McKenzie: 206-464-8245 or firstname.lastname@example.org